- 2005 Backup Technology Incorporated
- 2005 Partnered with Asigra
- 2006 Geographically Separate Replication
- 2006 Moved to Leeds Headquarters
- 2008 Virtual Disaster Recovery Service
- 2008 Rebranded as Asigra’s Largest Partner
- 2008 Asigra’s First Partner Of The Year
- 2008 Google Adwords Award Winner
- 2008 Awarded Asigra’s Marketing Award
- 2009 Launched Proactive Monitoring Portal
- 2009 Became NetApp Certified Partner
- 2010 Launched Free WordPress Backup Plugin
- 2010 Asigra’s First 3D Hybrid Partner
- 2010 Acquired US Company Terian
- 2011 ISO 9001, 27001 and BS EN 25999
- 2012 Protecting 10+ Petabytes of Data
- 2013 Backup Technology Ltd is acquired by iomart Group plc
Backup Technology’s History
Founded in 2005, Backup Technology have become a world leader in the Online Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity market, with an international customer base from a wide range of sectors. Backup Technology are part of iomart Group plc, one of Europe’s leading providers of cloud services and managed hosting, which owns and manages a large network of UK data centers.
At the core of Backup Technology’s success is their investment in infrastructure and personnel. Utilising Asigra, the world’s leading Online Backup software developer and NetApp, a leading storage vendor, Backup Technology have rapidly grown year on year to become Asigra’s Largest Global Partner, currently protecting over 10 peta-bytes of data in the Public and Private Cloud.
BTL has a strong global presence, from their head office in Leeds in the UK; they have expanded to offices and data centres in the US, as well as establishing partnerships in Europe and Australia. BTL became Asigra’s first ever Global Partner of the Year in 2008 and then became Asigra’s first European 3D Hybrid Partner later that year. BTL are currently the only Asigra provider to hold 3D Hybrid status in more than one territory, which covers Europe and the US. The company has also received many industry awards and had articles featured in publications such as the Financial Times, the Independent and Computing Magazine. Backup Technology have also been named the number one choice for an Enterprise Online Backup Provider by Backup Review.
BTL are fully ISO 9001 (April 2010) and ISO 27001 (May 2010) certified, ensuring consistent quality management procedures are in place and all security processes are followed and documented. BS EN 25999-2 certification has also been achieved (January 2011), meaning BTL has an independently audited Business Continuity Management system in place to offer additional peace of mind for its customers.
BTL currently employ 19 full time staff all of which are fully trained and certified by Asigra in Toronto. This ensures that BTL offer consistently high service levels to all customers and have an unrivalled knowledge of the Asigra product.